With the increasing stress and tensions, people tend to catch diseases quickly. It is well said, “Health is not valued till sickness comes”. We live in an era, where we become impatient when our phone batteries die, but we neglect the symptoms of our low energy. This is where full-body health checkups come into existence. Doctors have time and again urged the importance of full-body health checkups to reduce the risk of medical treatment and surgeries.
You can avoid a huge number of diseases by getting yourself checked every six months. It is a preventive check on our health.
what is a complete health checkup?
A complete health checkup is a health screening that is used as a preventive measure in healthcare. Periodic health checkups are recommended since they carry a huge number of health benefits. However, these tests need to be taken every year.
A complete body health checkup helps identify early warning signs and identify any diseases. Apart from the early detection of the diseases, various other health parameters can also be tracked regularly like cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and body weight. The tests are conducted according to each individual. If you are thinking to go for a health checkup, here are some things you should do:
• You must gather details about your family history.
• You must check your medical records and find out if any vaccinations or screening tests are due.
• Regular consultation with the general physician is necessary.
• You must note down your concerns and must seek clarification from your health care provider.
Benefits of health checkup
In many situations, regular checkups and timely precautions can lead to minimizations of the risks involved. This is where a complete health checkup comes into play. Let’s look at some benefits of getting a regular health checkup:
• The first and foremost reason is that it reduces the risk of getting any ongoing disease. You can get a general hint or idea of any problems faced by any organ of the body.
• Detection of any life-threatening disease at an early stage can be beneficial in spreading it further. Certain diseases like cancer, heart problems, or any nervous disorder can be cured at an early stage but become deadly as it spreads.
• The chances of the disease getting treated increase. One can be mentally prepared for any forthcoming treatments. These include consultation with the doctors, taking second opinions, possible treatments, side effects, etc.
• Conduction of general health checkups can even help in minimizing a lot of possible expenditures that might occur if proper care isn’t taken.
Health checkup tests
Majorly all the health checkups include the standard tests like lipid glucose tests, blood pressure tests, however, there are some tests you must be aware of:
• Men in their early 50s must go for regular screening tests for prostate or colon cancer.
• Men in their 60s or 70s who have a history of smoking must go for an ultrasound because of the risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm.
• Women in their 60s should go for bone mineral density tests. These women are at a higher risk of osteoporosis.
• Women in their 40s are advised to go for mammograms for the early detection of breast cancer.
There are a lot of health checkups that are separate for different parts of the body. Prior conduction of complete body tests can help in minimizing a lot of health issues. These should be conducted to get a healthy lifestyle in the longer run.